Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sorry about the Dramatic Disappearence

No I haven't taken abode in a Cammie land, trying to find boarding passes to heaven.
I feel apologetic about the waning freequency of updates on my blog. In the past one month, I have observed a lack of commitment on my part to edit posts and publish them. I have had so many ideas, to write about but none of them have traversed the post-editting stage.

I wasn't too determined to write lengthy posts. Alhough, in the mean while followers on Facebook, Twitter and FeedBurner subscribers continued to grow, all thanks to my friends for the shout-outs from their accounts and the recommends, they made.
If you are wondering what I did with my time, I killed it at some or the other Social Networking platform and ended up being a young novice who got catapulated to social networking. I played an active role in creating twitter turbulence in people's lives(as is evident from my uber inflated tweet rate) and in turn got Facebook fatigued.

This morning I started googling to find a name for this no blog posting disorder. I had a strong belief that there has to be a name for this disorder, somewhere in the useless scientific terms dictionary. I couldn't find one. But here's an interesting thing I could:
The Internet and American Life Project at the Pew Research Center found that from 2006 to 2009, blogging among children ages 12 to 17 fell by half; now 14 percent of children those ages who use the Internet have blogs. Among 18-to-33-year-olds, the project said in a report last year, blogging dropped two percentage points in 2010 from two years earlier.

Here's a  detailed report.

P.S: The url for the blog has changed to http://www.varunjaidka.co.cc/ . I have ensured that all subscriptions remain intact and no change has been made to the RSS feed address.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: